Do any of you work or, have any of you worked, at a doctor's office?

I'm trying to get ideas of the technology used when it comes to communications and technology used when making an appointment with an office... I'm picturing something like an Excel spreadsheet or something that would organize appointments. I am wondering if y'all have any other experiences with other ways to schedule appointments...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some people have a software in a spread sheet manner that they use. Not sure what it's called but it has all kinds of scheduling stuff like a calendar. I know when I was in school that's what they used for appts. for teachers and counselors and stuff.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I work with several doctors. Personally, the best scheduling software I've used is Outlook. Although may doctors use good old paper and pencil! Outlook lets me search for someone's next appointment. Best of all, it's not expensive!
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've worked with different physicians and every office is different. I prefer the software that clinics use to coordinate everything in regards to scheduling. I especially love the automated appointment reminder system that calls the patients one business day in advance.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• we used a program called medisoft. it was just for medical offices, but that's been a few years, my son is 6 years old and i never went back to work after him.
    Anonymous