i have 4 nephews and 2 nieces. well i 10 month old neice and one 4 year old niece. my nephews are quite mean with my little girl and i dont know what to do so they can leave her alone and not fight with her. i know my daughter also has her additude but that doesnt mean they have the right to treat my daughter teriblle. please help me find a way to help my daughter get thru this fase becasue i know its killing me.

i dont know why they enjoy hurting my daughter. i mean it feels like the enjoy makeing her cry. in a wayi understand becasue i know daughter is very well you could say winnie and everything bothers her. so i guess the kids just do it to make her mad. i mean i dont mind it every once in a while but everyday now that bothers me. and what makes it worse my brother and sister in law dont ever get mad at them for what the do to my child. all they do is tell them not to do it and never onece get mad at them for what they do. the kids ussally do what they want and no one tells them other wise. i mean i love them but the love i have for my daughter puts me on the deffenssive. all i ask is for you to help me deal with this problem. i dont want my daughterto grow up in a enviorment where she has fear for what she does.
please help me
sincerlly helpless mom again

NicholesMom2006

Asked by NicholesMom2006 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly, tell your brother that you don't feel it is safe for your daughter to be around his children. Emphasize the fact that you love him, but you have to put your daughter's needs first. He may be angry, but he's an adult. Your job is do protect your daughter from these bullies. Believe me. I was abused by my brothers and my mom was the "boys will be boys" type. To this day, I am disappointed (used to be angry, but got therapy!) that she didn't protect me from them. Kids should feel safe within their family structure.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• tell them to knock it off
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• What I did is tell dd loudly for the whole family to hear is that the next time her cousins (both boys) tried to touch her to punch them in the face and that I wanted to see blood. This came after they continued to dog pile on her every time we saw them. She was 5, the boys were 5 and 3 last time we saw them. Talking to their bonehead parents did no good. They thought it was cute when they played rough and broke my son's Christmas presents the minute he opened them. I explained that we couldn't see them anymore because they don't know how to be around kids since theirs were so horrible. It didn't matter that they're family. They suck.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't take her around them if you can't convince the parents to expect kindness all the way around. She is being bullied because she is a whiner? That is no excuse. Even a whiner doesn't deserve to be treated that way. Perhaps some of the whining is due to their treatment of her. It certainly isn't helping. When it comes to our kids, we have to make the decision that keeps them healthy and safe no matter what our friends or family think. Explain to your SIL and bro what you see and ask them their opinion about it. Maybe they can help you keep the peace if they know you are upset about it and that you will stop hanging out if it doesn't get more comfortable for you.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009