I don't feel full when I eat.

Does anyone else have this problem, or even know what causes it. I can eat & eat and I don't get the "full" feeling. I have put on 13 pounds in the last 3 weeks & it's just getting worse. I have always had this problem of never feeling full, but at least I would get the "satisfied" feeling, now I get nothing but hunger. I have tried drinking a full glass of water before eating, eating slower, eating different kinds of food, but nothing is working. Any suggestions????

LUVMYGRANDBABYS

Asked by LUVMYGRANDBABYS at 11:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I saw on the Doctors that you should eat the serving sizeof whatever food, then wait 20 min and after that you should start feeling full. That is how long it takes for your brain to register that your belly is full. I don't know, maybe you should try and see if it works
    determind

Answer by determind at 11:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with the 20 minute rule. You might also try drinking hot herbal tea before a meal. It would be important to talk with your doctor about this, though. The amount of weight gain in such a short period could be due to a medical condition or medication.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have had the same problem since i had my baby a few months ago, and its making it impossible to drop the baby weight, but I never seem to get full and I cant help myself but to munch all day long.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Your gonna have to learn to control what and how much you eat period or you will look like a balloon,then you'll feel really bad when you cant move around and your health starts going downhill.Drinks LOTS of water and vegetable juice get yourself a juicer buy carrots cucumbers spinach etc etc and juice juice juice its healthy and wont harm you or make oyu gain weight also make sure your exercising even if its jumping jacks or something silly like jogging in place!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have the same problem. The water and chewing thing has helped a little bit, maybe. What I do now is follow up meals with 10 calorie jello or a 100 cal bag of popcorn.
    krystel.justice

Answer by krystel.justice at 12:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i would go to the dr. you ma have a thyroid problem.
    majustic

Answer by majustic at 6:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• could you be pregnant? I swear that should have been my first sign when i was pregnant. I was always STARVING & NEVER full!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• There is a difference in between appetite and hunger. Your appetite is a measure of how much you want to eat. Your hunger is how much you need to eat. The solution is to remind yourself of what you have recently eaten, and then distract yourself.
    krystel.justice

Answer by krystel.justice at 2:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010