I am watching this cooking show and this guy just rendered duck fat .......

let it cool in a fridge then spread it on bread like peanut butter and ate it!!!! Yuck. Does this sound good to you?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2012 in Food & Drink

• throwing up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• It really does taste good,, I had some once with a brie melted on top of it,, it doesn't taste like bacon fat, more chicken like. I don't think I would make it for dinner tonight though,, here you go Billy--duck fat and jelly,, just like Grandma used to make,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• I'm a veggie, so I wouldn't eat it. But for families who keep kosher, rendered duck, goose and chicken fat were a substitute for butter (we cannot mix milk and meat.) This was in the days before margarine or a lot of cooking oils. FIL used to talk about how his mother would do a goose every once in a while so they could have the fat for cooking meat dishes.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• My whole family just did a collective EWWWW~ That's just wrong!!! :p My husb said he saw a show that did that w/ goat's blood. Equally EWWW!!! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• YUCK!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• My mom grew up on "schmaltz on toast," so while it doesn't appeal to me, I'm not grossed out.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• That's gross. Although when you think about it, I suppose it isn't really any nastier than butter.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• Cold fat? Yuck, not for me. But I would keep it and use it for cooking, must give great flavor. Duck schmaltz!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• i think my stomach just jumped through my throat and nausea came in both ewwwwwwww
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2012