Has anyone ever experienced this?

About 2 weeks ago, I got really tired. I went through this phase for a couple of days where I was sleeping like 18 hours per day. I am not pregnant and I ended up having a sinus infection and double ear infection. I got antibiotics and I felt a little bit better for a couple of days. Now, I am tired again. EXHAUSTED. All I want to do is sleep. I still am not pregnant. I am also already on 100 mg of Sertralin which is an antidepressant. I am really worried about myself and miserable from being so exhausted. I need some input!

mbee

Asked by mbee at 11:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

• I don't trust HPT negatives. But I don't know what it could be. Take care of yourself though.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't know... but if you figure it out, let me know because I'm sleeping a lot too. Dragging myself off the couch just to feed the baby. Not good. Maybe it's just the weather. Uber blah, that's for sure.
    Doximama

Answer by Doximama at 12:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Could be mono?!
    When I was in 6th grade I went through a 2 week period where all I did was sleep aside from go to the bathroom and occasionally eat.
    Get a CBC (complete blood count)
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• its also very possible the weather here on top of the infection. it can take your body a little while to get over these things and rebound. you know we all have depressoin here on the island. its the overcast blahsssss.
    5ontherock

Answer by 5ontherock at 3:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• check your thyroid.
    Kleo187

Answer by Kleo187 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I guess I should add that I already had mono in 3rd grade. Meaning, I will ALWAYS test pos. for mono since it is in me already. And, I would think the antidepressants would help with the weather related depression. I got on the antidepressants when I got here because of that.
    mbee

Answer by mbee at 12:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Hmm I haven't ever heard that before...interesting.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• MAYBE U NEED YOUR MEDS ADJUSTED. IF U R ON A PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND U FEEL LIKE THIS U NEED TO LET THE PRESCRIBING MD KNOW. A SINUS INFECTION CAN B VRY EXHAUSTING.AND SO CAN AN EAR INFECTION. U MAY JUST NEED MORE ABX. FOR THE INFECTION. THIS IS A SERIOUS CONDITION. RETURN TO THE DOCTOR AND TELL HIM. HAVE A FEVER??CHECK ON THAT, TOO.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• a hundred things it could be:
    smitten119

Answer by smitten119 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• sorry, didn't mean to hit send yet! Could be psychosomatic. outside factors such as school, financial stress, motherhood in general, etc. could be presenting themselves as fatigue and lack of motivation. Could be low iron since you're a veggie. your main source of iron (beef) is not there. get a iron test or start taking a multi-vitamin with iron. Umm, could be low thyroid. Are you gaining weight and cold all the time? Those are key symptoms. I hope a dr. helps you figure it out. Thats not good times. let me know if you need anything.
    smitten119

Answer by smitten119 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009