How to get my dog house broke

we got her when she was 6 months old they told me she was house broken, but oviously is not. She is 9 months old now. We just got her fixed last month. But first off we had to buy her a cage cause she was having seperation anxiety from me and if I left the house would scratch so hard at the door and ruined the door. So we got her a cage that i now put her in when we leave the house and at night. Only thing is at night she whines so loud. Anyway, I did have a gate put at the top of the steps so she couldn't get up them but she figured out how to jump over it or climb over it. So I then started putting her in the kitchen with a gate put up (so I can tell when she goes and everything so I know when to correct her) but she again jumps the gate so then I put it up a little higher, but down enough for her to not slip under it, well she chewed through the bottom of it. We have hardwood down stairs and carpet upstairs and as soon as she goes outside she still goes in the house. I will put her nose in it and take her outside then in the cage, but she is still doing it. i don't all the time know when she pees if she pees on the carpet until I step in it so she is ruining my carpet. I have stain spots all over my carpet from her. Now today she pooped on the floor in the kitchen and I stepped in it, but didn't know where it came from so I was looking around and here my 10 month old was swishing it in her hands ugh so i cleaned her up and then went down to clean it up off the floor and it was gone the freaking dog ate her own freaking poop gross.......How do I get this dog trained.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2012 in Pets

• You use the crate. Yes, she will whine at night, but in a few days that will stop. If you want the dog to be trained, you just need to deal with it for a few days.

Until she is housebroken, you only have her out of her crate if you can watch her. If you can't watch her, you put her in the crate. Take her out frequently and watch for signs she needs to go. I put a bell on my door and every time I took her out, I rang the bell. She now rings the bell when she needs to go. I don't know how big your dog is, but I used to attach the leash of my dog to my belt until she was trained, that way she couldn't wander too far away from me.

I got my dog when she was 9 months and this is what I did, but I've trained other dogs from puppies the same way.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• I know she will whin and I do use it, but i try to let her out during the day, but she goes in the house so I put her back in her crate. She is a tad bigger than a pug, but not much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• If you can't watch her, you NEED to put her in the crate. if you don't it will take much longer to train. My dog is a puggle and I attached her to my so I could watch her. But this is what you need to do if you don't want to crate her through out the day.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• thats what my dog is lol. But i didn't want to say that was what she is because I have asked things on here before and they asked what she was and I would tell them and they told me she was mut and I shouldn't have bought a dog like that or what not. They were judging mew for having a puggle lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• Putting the dog on the leash is a very good idea. That is how I train my dogs. It gives you a chance to bond with the dog but it also gives you a chance to learn their signs. Also, if they are on a leash they will most likely be in your sights so that you can stop something before it happens.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2012