What did your contractions feel like when they started?

arielperez18

Asked by arielperez18 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Like I said in your last question with my DD they started out pretty mild. They were a little worse than period cramps but I was able to walk and talk through them. They didn't get bad until they broke my water over half way into labor.
    With my son I only had false labor contractions until my water broke. My contractions started off much worse because my water had already broke.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• It depends on the person. My contractions didn't feel much like anything when they first started and continued for the first 3 hours. The only thing I really felt was my stomach tightening and loosening up. It gets really hard then softens back up, that's how someone knew I was in labor. But after my water broke my contracts started feeling like period cramps... but 10x's worse. I could barely move. If you are unsure and think you might be in labor. Go to the hospital. The worst they'll do is tell you you aren't in labor and that it was fake contractions, which happens.
    MommyOfSweetBoy

Answer by MommyOfSweetBoy at 8:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• it hurt real bad in my belly right where the baby was & kinda felt like i had to poo. breathing slow & deep made it feel better.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2012

• Mine started as mild menstral cramps and just progressively got more intense. My back labor was much worse from the moment it started...no mistaking what was going on there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2012