Guys what do you think???

I was wanting to ask if anyone has used this pump before. I am buying one for my sister and i was wanting to know if it is worth the money. I want to buy her a medela but I know she won't have any of that (paying for something sooo expensive) but i can get one on Ebay used (that's what I did and it wouldn't be as expensive) but she is wanting one fairly quickly(like tomorrow). Please give me your honest opinion on this model and only if you have used it or if you have heard anything about it(yeah know family, friends ect.) that may have used it. Here is the website below:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10803960

SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Asked by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Which pump? The Medela Pump In Style?
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 12:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no the one at the walmart website...there is a link
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 12:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't buy one used from someone you don't know... for a couple of reasons.. it can't be cleaned (eeew) AND if it is broken or breaks it doesn't have a warrenty (it's void if more than one person uses the pump)
    The medela pumps are great.... I have one, it's worth every penny
    If she doesn't plan on pumping often a hand held one would be a nice option, and the Medela hand held one is nice also
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Just saw the link...
    I haven't used that kind of pump, so I don't know how well they work. But we do use the bottles... the breastflow bottles it comes with and they are great! (not that it helps much)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Oh, sorry, for some reason I didn't see the link. I have never heard of that pump, and looked at a few different sites for you to try and find a review on it, and only found one review on amazon.com that said it is a good pump. As for buying a used one, there's no problem in that. You can buy replacement parts fairly cheap- the expensive part of pumps is the actual pumping mechanism- all the other parts are cheap.

I have a Lansinoh Double Electric and a Medela Pump In Style. Honestly, I can't tell much a difference in them, except that the Medela cost a lot more and is just a tiny bit more quiet.

The Lansinoh is only $150, and Target sells it. I would definitely recommend it.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• No guys I dont think I was clear sorry...yes i know that medela is a good pump and yes a used one is fine because all parts that touch breastmilk can be cleaned and sanitised. I had a used one myself. and I wouldn't buy one unless it came with a return policy. but that's beside the point. I was wanting to buy one for her but I was needing it too quickly(tomorrow). I was just wondering about the pump in the link. kynziesmom--thanks for your help in this quest...I may go for the Lansinoh...i was debating between the two.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 12:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The only downside to the Lansinoh is that the shield part is made of hard plastic, and the part that the bottle screws onto can break fairly easily- but to replace the part it's only like $8.

I've never heard of that first years pump until today, but again, I would seriously recommend the Lansinoh.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 12:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I used the Madela. It cleans up real well. You might want to ask your sister to contact her insurance company to see if they'll cover the expense of a pump. Mine did. Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• there's one on there for like 70something bucks..(well i can't find it on the site for somereason) .i think it was by 1st years..it worked great for me..it was a double pump..definately get her something electric and dont get a used one.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009