starting school

my daughters are close in age and i just found out that they will be starting school at the same time.... i have one that is 2 and one that is 6 months and the schools in our area start them at kindergarden when they turn 5 if there bday is before aug 20.. well my 1 st daughter will have to start when she is 6 b/c her bday is in jan.. and my youngest will start when she is 5 b/c her bday is in july so should i hold back my youngest and not let her start till she is 6 so they wont be in the same grade or should i let them go the same yeat what wold you do and have anyone ever had there kids be like this

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's best to have your daughter start when she is ready....if it's at 6, then so be it, nothing wrong with that. do what you think is best for your daughter's.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i would start the younger one the year she turns six. There are several disadvantages of having them in the same grade. There are several benefits for your younger one being older rather than the youngest starting school. The biggest payoff will be letting your younger have a chance to be a leader in her class. The older kids have an advantage, especially when the teenage years start. My daughters are 20 months apart and my oldest also turned six in January and the youngest had a birthday in September. I held the youner on back and am so glad. There were times that she was bored at first but was a leader in her class. She was class president from 7th through 12th grade and excelled in sports and academics. It is definitely worth it.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 12:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'm confused....you're 1st daughter is already 2yrs old, so that means she will turn 5 in January 2012. Your other daughter will be 1 yr old this year...so she will turn 5 in July 2013. That means that your first daughter would be 5 and start school in 2012 and your second daughter will be 5 and start school in 2013. Am I right or am I missing something there? My kids are 5 months apart, and they will start school together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I"m confused, too...I don't see how they will start school in the same year, either. If your daughter turns 5 in January, she can start the following September (2012) when she will be GOING ON 6 (Jan 2013)...Your youngest will turn five in July of 2013 and begin kindergarten when your older daughter is going into 1st grade.

My youngest two will start the same year. The cut off here is December 1. I have one son who will turn 5 after the cut off...he will have to wait until 2011 (going on 6) to start. My youngest will be 5 before the cuttoff, so he will start 2011 (going on 5).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• my daughter will be 6 jan. 20, 20013 and my other will be 5 july26 2013 now im confused lol the teacher were telling us about it at school i cant remember how they were saying it lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009