sex with a baby in the room?

ok, i know i might be hated for saying any of this. anyway, how bad do you think it is to have sex in the same room a child is in? do you think it really damages them mentally? they dot know what it is and its only taboo or considered bad thing when w teach them that way. i made love twice in my life when my son(who is one) was in the room playing...he was paying no attention to me. it flt a little awkward but i just kept the covers pulled over so he couldnt see anything and he seemed perfectly ok. shold i be ashamed? does this make me a bad mother? i know a lot of people probally do it and dont admit it. its hard to conseal it in such a small house. give me your opinion...i need help with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont think your a bad mother! i owuld say its perfectly fine up untill your son is talking or start showing signs that it bothers you (he might feel threatened with the man on you...he might think hes hurting you. if he starts asking questions or raising concern i would let him know your ok and stop doing it untill he gets his own room.
    momand17

Answer by momand17 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't think its bad as long as you keep it conceled. just when they get older i wouldn't they begain to understand more than you think earlier than you think. so just when he starts noticing i would put a hult on it.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 1:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've done it with my daughter in the room plenty of times but she was younger than 10 months, I was already pregnant again anyway, we were living with my mom in a two bedroom apartment and my daughter was already sleeping so where else could we have gone? LOL. Now that we have been our own apartment and we have our room and they have theirs we never do it with them in the same room. I don't think it makes you a bad mother and I don't think you should be ashamed but I do think it's time for sex to stay behind closed doors because he is getting older. My fiance and I have left our little ones in the living room playing where everything is baby proofed and safe to go have quickies every now and then and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion I mean we can still hear everything if anything were to happen. You can even set your son up with some toys in his crib to keep him occupied if you need to.
    badd_kitten

Answer by badd_kitten at 1:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'll be honest, I think it's weird. They are observing much more than you know or that they lead you to believe. I could never do it, and I'll never do it. I actually find it hard to have sex while my kids are awake....knowing that they might hear or wonder why we went into the bedroom alone for a while. I dunno, I guess to each his own.

mom2sophia711

Answer by mom2sophia711 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i cant have sex while their awake,...my NB is only 5 weeks, lol...so she wouldnt honestly know,

what was going on..my two year old would remember it forever...noooo wayyyyyyy

i couldnt do it....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• three yrs, don't notice but older then that they can learn to knock and learn about private time
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• One year old is way too old for that. And he was playing??? Not even asleep? Yeah, I think that's very wrong.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Whether they were aware of what was going on or not there would be no point for me. I can't get into sex mode with children in the vicinity. I have to get out of Mom mode first.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 9:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My fiance and I never have sex while our son is awake just because he's very whiney when he's left alone and that's kind of a mood killer. If we ever did he definitely wouldn't be in the same room. A one year old knows a lot more than you may think. We do have sex while he's in the same room asleep since we're staying with my mom and he stays in our bedroom. I don't think it makes you a bad parent I just could never do it.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I am sorry but I couldn't have sex and get out of mommy mode with my DD in the room. I just can't! I can't even have sex when my dogs are in the room because they just stare. lol It's awkward!
    kelelalee

Answer by kelelalee at 9:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2009