sex with a baby in the room???

ok, i know i might be hated for saying any of this. anyway, how bad do you think it is to have sex in the same room a child is in? do you think it really damages them mentally? they dot know what it is and its only taboo or considered bad thing when w teach them that way. i made love twice in my life when my son(who is one) was in the room playing...he was paying no attention to me. it flt a little awkward but i just kept the covers pulled over so he couldnt see anything and he seemed perfectly ok. shold i be ashamed? does this make me a bad mother? i know a lot of people probally do it and dont admit it. its hard to conseal it in such a small house. give me your opinion...i need help with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old is your son? If he's just a baby, then I wouldn't blame you but any older I think is exceeding it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• my son is 15 months now. he was 13 months at the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• We have had sex with our daughter in the room before. She was always asleep though, she would be very interested in us if we were awake. She now has her own room but was in our room until a couple weeks ago haha.

I couldn't do it while she was awake. It's awkward and I don't think my child needs to see me having sex.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think that when your child can understand what is going on or is questioning what it is going on that it is time to stop. A baby yes........... a toddler no.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'm not comfortable with it, even if they don't understand. I guess I can't get turned on while dd is in the room.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i only do it if he is in a dead sleep and in the crib, once he has his own room and actually sleeps in it i will feel more comfy.
    CaydenTaylor

Answer by CaydenTaylor at 1:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• A baby, I think it's fine. A toddler, no, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's ok. If they were sound asleep and you were very quiet and hardly moving (which really wouldn't be fun anyway), then that would be different. But a toddler or child that's awake, no, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Kids are easily distracted, and even if they're caught up in something, they can turn to you to want to share something with you, need your attention, etc, and do you really want to explain this to a toddler. I do NOT think sex is dirty or wrong, but it is private, and it can be frightening to small children - why is daddy on top of mommy - it looks like he's hurting her sort of thing.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Plus, while you don't want your kid to grow up thinking sex is wrong, you do want them to learn boundaries. That would include things like this - sooner or later, most toddlers / preschoolers discover if feels good if they touch themselves there (especially boys). You don't want him walking around through the store with his hands in his pants, right? It's a private thing, and if it's something that he sees you doing, and it's ok for him to see you doing it, he's not going to understand why it's not ok for him to be doing it (or, heaven forbid, someone to do it TO the child, because it's ok, mom does it

At this age, they should be oblivious to sex, and that would include having them going on under their noses.

I don't mean that as a bash - just my reasons for why I wouldn't. I know it can be hard in a small house, but I would try during nap time, having someone keep an eye on them, go in the other room, in the shower...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• With the child AWAKE?! NO way that's nasty! I can't even get in the mood if my dogs are in the room or I know my son is awake on a different floor of the house and both doors are closed and ours locked! And my kid is a teenager! NO WAY I WOULD EVER DO IT WITH AN AWAKE CHILD IN THE SAME ROOM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have never done it with my baby awake , but have done it in the same room while she was sleeping. We try to do it in other rooms while they are in bed.
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 9:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2009