My heart

For the past couple weeks my heart feels like it's been fluttering, and skipping beats. It makes me feel light headed, I break a sweat, and I feel nauseous. I have an appointment at 3pm today with my Dr, but I wondered if anyone's had any experience with these same kind of symptoms, and what came of it.
(I'm not looking for a diagnosis, I'll leave that to my Dr.)
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2012 in Health

• Stress
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2012

• My sister has major issues with this. Her heart beat is super fast as well. She passes out and has to take things easy which is not easy with working in a day care but she manages. She takes a medication to try to regulate things and periodically wears a monitor to see if things are mostly under control.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2012

• I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse about 10 yrs ago, and once in a while it would bother me, but this feels different. I guess I'm more worried because my Dad had strokes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and died young from it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• My sister actually had an electrical probe put into her heart to shock it sort of to try to correct the issue. Sometimes it is all about taking care of yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• Yeah, and sometimes it happens to the best of us... My Dad, and his Dad never smoked, ate right, didn't drink, and lived a very healthy lifestyle, and it took them both too young... I'm doing my best to watch what I eat, I don't smoke, and don't drink, and get regular exercise. I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2012