Which one do you agree with?

Basically, I understand that Socialism is "Take from the rich and give to the poor" and Capitalism is "Everybody minds their own business, no Gov involved and no 'take from rich and give to poor' stuff" (Correct me if I'm wrong, I could have mixed them up a little) Which one do you agree with?

promisenatalia

Asked by promisenatalia at 12:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone should take care of themselves except for those that can't such as the elderly, disabled and children. Everyone else who is of sound mind and able bodied, needs to be out working and taking care of themselves.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Capitalism. Aside from the fact that socialism is fatally flawed and Marx's original vision did not allow for everything that's happened since he dreamed it up (paid vacations, paid overtime, stock options, 401k, health benefits - the lack of which being the main reason he wanted socialism), charity should be voluntary. You should give only what you feel you can to people you feel deserve it, and you should only have to ask for it or accept it if you really need it and want to, not because someone threatens to take your child if you refuse.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I definitely do NOT agree with socialism.

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 1:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Capitalism is the creation of wealth. You make something that people want. You charge them a fair price for it (or whatever they will pay). You use the money they pay you to buy materials to make more of whatever it is, and to pay people to help you make it. (employees) thus you havecreated a factory. workers who now have money to spend in stores...the wealth spreads.
    Socialism takes wealth and wages away from the persons who have created/earned it and gives it to those who do nothing but use it and do not earn or create any.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Capitalism
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• well i dunno.... its hard for me... i feel for poor children but not really adults... i don't think its other peoples responsibilites to take care of them because they failed at life....sounds kinda harsh but thats how i feel....

i don't think its right that there are people out there busting their tails barely making it for their families and money is being taking out of their checks to support people who don't try for themselves.... its just not right.... but i am torn because i don't feel as tho children should have to suffer because of the parents failures...

capitalism does sound the best tho....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't agree with either. They're both flawed concepts - both are selfish.

I believe in the way the Apostles laid it forth concept; that is how my husband and I have lived for the past 34 years. I believe people - whether ministering or not - need to be holding jobs of some sort, paying their own way BUT helping others as the need arises. I don't think enough Americans help enough American here on the homefront: they ((may)) help in some third world country when they need to pat themselves on the back, but there isn't that much help happening here on home ground. There's something wrong with that ... MPO.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Capitalism, simply because it give incentive to be prosperous. And while people think that it sets up an atmosphere that harbors selfishness, we also have tax benefits from helping others. When people are successful and are prospering, they have more to share willingly. When you have socialism, they will only give what they have to, because at the end of the day there isn't much left to share. It penalizes those that work hard to get ahead and benefits those that don't want to work as hard. It sets up a stagnant atmosphere that doesn't give incentive to do better or more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I believe in Capitalism. No matter what concept that you implement, people will always be selfish and then there will be some that will always be poor. Changing the way the government works wont ever change that fact. Our selfishness and inability to care about our brother comes out of our hearts and no law will force people to do it. If we could get our hearts in a place of compassion towards people who really are struggling and trying, then we wouldn't have to wonder which concept to put in place. We are trying to make laws to force people into a mindset that is nothing but a heart issue. Won't work.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• whar does God tell us to do....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2009