Twins? Can it be??

Hi!! I have a question here recently i have been having kicking and moving motions in both my middle tummy section and also in my butt... like a second or 2 apart. Iv tried listening for my babies heartbeat on the doppler thing from walmart but find it very hard to find. Im 17 weeks as of today, and up until today there has been very little movement and all of a sudden theres movement at the topand in my bottomw lol. Could this be twins with my last (single) pregnany last year. I had lots of movement but it was pretty much staying around the same spot, and none ever in my rear. Has anyone else experienced this??

newmommy7608

Asked by newmommy7608 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think that you can tell unless the doc hears 2 heartbeats or you get and ultrasound to confirm it. Its possible but its hard to say. I know when i was pregnant with both my kids I felt movement everywhere at the same time and different times but there was only 1 baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• you can ask your doctor to look for another baby when they do the US at between 18-22 weeks.

but... um.... hate to break it to you but your uterus is not in your rear... there's pelvic bone in the way anyways so even if baby got close to it, you wouldn't feel it in your butt... there is 100% NO WAY a baby could be in your butt...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Your baby is throwing a tantrum in there and kicking its feet and punching with its hands. There ya go. Kicks in two different places at around the same time.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I had the same thing happen with me and I have never had twins, They just move their legs and arms at the same time, have you had an ultrasound yet? My dr does them early here to detemine due date and multiple pregnancies. good luck!
    scmomma85

Answer by scmomma85 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Ok after the many questions iv asked on here iv never got so many sarcastic and rude responses. A simple no and why would have been just fine, i feel like im on yahoo answers now. I have had another baby so i know your uterus is not in your butt i just was confused as to why i would feel movement down there.
    newmommy7608

Answer by newmommy7608 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2009