Gastric bypass after gastric band?

my lapband was a complete failure. i am still morbidly obese 3 yrs later. i want the gastric bypass. is this possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2012 in Health

• If the lapband did not work for you why do you think that you would have more success with the bypass? It all takes commitment on your part.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• i did commit. i lost 100 lbs while eating under 20 carbs/day. i am still morbidly obese.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• Are you continuing to loose? Have you hit a plateau? Counted calories? Exercised?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• my body has gotten to a point where anytime fluid is added to the band, my throat swells up, I vomit bile, and have to get an emergency unfill. this has been going on for almost 2 years. through weight watchers and exercise (after i gave up low carb) i have managed to get off the weight that i could but now i truly need help. i am at a point where i am gaining again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• I would talk to a doctor again and a psychiatrist and get into therapy. Often times it is not so much a mechanical thing but the way that we look and think about food.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2012