Is it to late to use cloth diapers?

I always wanted to try them, but never have. This is our 3rd baby girl. Our other 2 we didn't use cloth diapers. My oldest was potty trained at 19 months and our second was potty trained at nearly 16 months, but she caught rota virus so we stopped so she was 21 months old by time she potty trained my 3rd will be 11 months in another 2 weeks so I don't know if it is worth trying because then she might not be in them that long. But if I try them is there anything I need to know? Can I wash them myself or get a diapering service to do it? How do you wash them? How many of them will I need? How much will it cost to get started? i make my own diaper wipes, but thought about these.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, then I would suggest to run the numbers. Find out how much it is costing you to use diapers per month, and how many cloth diapers you'd want to get. Do a comparison when baby is 18 months old and then again at 2 years of age. Again, not saying baby won't be potty trained by then, but as a "just in case."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• My best friend uses cloth. I am honestly thinking about when this new little one turns around a year of age, to switch to cloth diapering. I have heard they CAN help with potty training.

They have made great innovations in them. I've seen them and they look pretty cool. Yes, you can wash them yourself. Apparently you can also get ones that grow with baby. They are quite expensive at first, but if baby is in them for another year (not saying baby will be...even just 6 more months, really), then you would definitely be saving money in the long run!

If you are for sure this is your last one, I would also be hesitant on going ahead and switching, but if you think you might have more in the future, I would definitely think about the possibility of using them.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• this is our last baby. My DH is getting fixed June 29th
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• When you run the numbers be sure to remember that you can resell the diapers when you are done with them.

AND don't forget to think about the landfill :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2012