How do you feel about guns?

How do you feel about guns as a home protection devise? Have your thoughts about guns changed since you had kids?

I am terrified that someone is going to come after me and my baby. I wanna get a gun license and keep it in my draw under lock and key but still have it. I have a reason to think people would come after me. I'm not just paranoid. Before I got pregnant I didn't ever think of it. I always thought I could take care of myself if anyone ever came for me but with the baby I'm afraid.

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 4:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• "Our country's sovereignty and the Second Amendment rights of American citizens must not be infringed upon by the United Nations," Moran wrote in the letter. "Today, the Senate sends a powerful message to the Obama Administration: an Arms Trade Treaty that does not protect ownership of civilian firearms will fail in the Senate. Our firearm freedoms are not negotiable." Republican Jerry Moran

Agreed.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 10:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• There is nothing wrong with being able to defend yourself, ever!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I am not a fan but I do own several. We keep the ammunition separate from the guns. Needless to say it is not for defense. For that we have a security alarm. All windows and doors are covered. Even when the power is out. I do ask friends or parents who my child will be at their home if they own guns and what kind of safety do they have. There has been a few times where my child was not going over to a home of a friend because of unsafe gun issues. I have known several kids to die. All the homes were where the kids' parents were the owners, believed one hundred percent their child knew gun safety, and would tell you guns are safe it's just the people. I have nothing against proper gun ownership. I do have some concerns about parents who truly believe their child understands gun safety and there are flaws in the way their guns are secured.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2012

>>>
    And you can't defend yourself without a gun?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• Wish there were WAY less in this world - it would be a better and safer place without them - has gotten out of control!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2012