Cracked iPad screen?

Has anyone ever cracked an iPad or iPhone screen and been able to have it repaired?
I took it to best buy and they could not do anything.
I called apple and they said I would need to buy a new one.
There is nothing wrong with it, just the screen is cracked...LCD is still fine.

I found 2 websites that say you can send it in and they will repair the screen on an iPad or iPhone, but they charge $115-130 and I can't be sure if it's a scam or not.

Has anyone ever used a website like that or know of something else I could try? I live in Phoenix if that makes a difference.

Thanks

hillary819

Asked by hillary819 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2012 in Technology

• have you tried those cell-phone repair places? i heard they can fix screens/glass by replacing it, sometimes..not sure how. also not sure if it would work the same with an iPad.
    is your unit working, despite the crack? if so, i wouldn't worry much. i dropped and cracked the glass on my phone a month after i bought it..over two years ago. the phone works fine, always has..my only issue is spotty service, sometimes..but that's a tower issue, not mechanical.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• If you think you can fix it yourself you can order the parts off of Amazon.com or other similar sites.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• Everything works fine...I'm actually typing this from my iPad at this very moment. But it's cracked in more than one place and it just looks awful.
    I've neer heard of a cell phone repair place...are they like independently owned? How would I find one?
    hillary819

Comment by hillary819 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• Larger selection so you can find your specific i Pad. some even have the tool kits included

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• you could look in your local phone book..or call one of your local mobile phone stores..that's who suggested i take my cracked phone to one.
    just a suggestion..may not work.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• Good news you can buy a refurbished one for about $200, I would also take it into a laptop repair place,, they might give you something towards a trade, as they can replace the screen for little out of pocket,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• ohhh
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 5:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2012