When do you just give up?

When is enough just enough? I hate to see people being hurt or used by people who say they are doing what is right. But who says it is right? If we had to put a number on it how long would you allow some one to be played with or taken avantage of?

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 3:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't understand the question.

If we had to put a number on it how long would you allow some one to be played with or taken avantage of?

Once I was aware of the situation, I would stop it immediately. So my answer is ZERO - days, minutes, seconds......

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• No one should ever have to live in fear, regret or in a personal hell. If there is abuse of any kind, it damages the mind and soul. A broken spirit doesn't always heal; as not everyone has the strength to become whole again. So I say zero tolerance.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• With my ex I gave him 3 months to go to a minimum of 12 counseling sessions.... or have somewhere else to live. But you're asking how long would I allow "someone" to be played or taken advantage of? You can't control what someone else puts up with -- they are an adult and entitled to make their own mistakes. If you get involved they will only resent you. That "someone" needs to realize its time on their own, not be pushed into it by you. My parents knew my ex was the wrong guy for years - the more they pushed, the more I resisted.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well i say as soon as they find out there is something going on not right... nobody should have to be put through something like that, no matter the situation...jmo
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Your frustrated, and noone can understand you or your question. I am where you are. Send me a message. I am in the same boat as you. I am not pretending to be a happy family, or pretending things arent f"d up.....I need someone to talk to also. I know it wasnt what you dreamed about your whole life....Its not that fairytale....Send me a message...or add me as a friend...
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 4:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think it's all different. People are different and so are their situations. One relationship may never have had a chance and another may just need a few kinks worked out. I can't tell from your question what happened or what is wrong. If you're being abused then the answer is not to let it go on at all. Enough is the first moment is happens. Of course that's easy to say, but emotional abuse takes a long time to set in. Also, if you love someone that treats you badly, it's hard to say goodbye. You need support and friends if you are in a really bad situation or else you'll just keep letting it go on. THough you sound like you've already had enough. I wish you much love and luck.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I was just thinking of it, this isnt any thing to do with me. This is a friend who is raisng a child who isnt her's as her own. And yet the mother keeps on having more children. She has 10 children and my friend has child number 6 and the mother keeps on having more. The family just keeps on taking the children and that is a good thing but the children all no about each other. So with the daughter in her teens it is making it harder since the mother plays mind games with the kids. I love you I want you to live with me and so on. So I hate to see my friend going though it and want to tell her to stop allowing this women who calls her self a mother to get the hell away. That is where this question came from.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 3:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009