Sleeping ?

My daughter is almost 6 months old. She's been sleeping through the night since she was about a month and a half in her crib. Recently she has been waking up in the middle of the night. I go in her room, gently pat her back or sing to her she falls asleep. I leave the room, few minutes lately she's up again. I pick her up she falls right asleep in my arms, lay her down a few minutes later she wakes right back up. I've put her in bed with me a few nights which I promised myself I would never do but I need some sleep. Now I think she's getting use to me putting her in bed with me. Do you think this is just a stage and she want's to know her mommy is there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• more than likely teething, and just needs mommy comfort......
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My 4 month old does the same thing except she has never slept through the night...she has at least 2 night feedings. Last night I tried to lay her down 3 times and she woke up each time. I finally just slept with her in my arms on the couch.
    I don't know if there is a cause..just a stage I think. Or teething like franklynns said.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I love that, same thing. I spent 3500 dollars on a crib my daughter has slept in 10x at best. You know what...Keep her with you if your ok with it. These times pass so quickly. Cherish it. she loves her mommy, and there is nothing wrong with that. My daughter is 1 and still sleeps with me. Sometimes I watch her for hours, they are so peaceful and beautiful when they sleep. As for sex, me and my hubby find plenty of time to do it...naptime, shower time, whenever...change it up make it fun...Enjoy both....Its amazing being a mother, and being with the father of your child and exploring the new you...
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 5:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Possibly teething. My son started doing that about a few weeks before the firs tooth popped through.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• my daughter is doing the same thing!!! omg, i'm so happy it's not just me!!!! i blamed it on my fiance cuz she started doing it at the end of his vacation. guess i have to go apologize now. But mine's been hungry when she wakes up. we're working on solids and it seems like when she eats a decent amount of solids she does sleep better that night. and she's taking a few more 8 oz bottles during the day. i don't know if mine's teething. she's been drooling alot and chewing on everything for months now so idk.
    aeryka310

Answer by aeryka310 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Same here! My daughter has been sleeping thorough the night since 6 weeks old and now she is waking up twice during the night. Last night she wanted to nurse to sleep and if she fell asleep and came off the boob she would start crying!!!! So finally I gave her a bottle and put her in her swing and I got to sleep on the couch!! Alot of people have told me its teething but I don't know! I hope she sleeps tonight.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009