Wanna Quit

Ok I have been smoking for some yrs now. I want to quit. I have tried the patch and the gum. Isnt there a new shot out for helping people quit? If you use to smoke how did you quit what helped you the most? My mom said she quit cold turkey 16 years ago. She also says she still gets a craving for it but can't smoke since she has infazema (sp) and COPD. She is almost to the stage to be on oxygen. I don't want to be 50 and be on oxygen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• I went down to like 3 a day while i was prego,,,However, I can quit but i cant get past that migraine you get for like 2 days. I dont want to take it out on my daughter. I smoke in the basement and outside. However, I am from R.I. we can patches for free. email,,, i will get them and send them...i know cuz i came from a family of smokers and i have 5 bros and sis and we all smoke. her dad doesnt and i do...i dont want a smoker
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 7:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Apparently smoking is a horrible habit for some to get over. My Mom died of these same complications you're talking about, 8 years ago. It's a horrible and slow suffocation. I'm one of 8 kids and for some odd reason, the only once that never smoked. Even watching this horror never gave my siblings the incentive, or ease, to quit.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I want to quit to I am using Chantix. It is spendy, but works. good luck
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Ask your doctor if they can prescribe you something to take to help you quit.
    you can also try the stop smoking hotline for tips on how to quit
    sometimes it is just the matter of changing habits.
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 10:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2009