Diaper cake ideas?

I'm thinking of making a diaper cake for my co-worker but don't want it to get to expensive. She is doing a naughty girl baby shower so I don't know if I can incorporate that. We do work at Starbucks so maybe some how do that? I'm not sure.
And what kind of supplies or things should I include besides diapers?
Any advice for a first timer?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 4:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm making one now for a friend having a baby girl. First go to Big Lots or Dollar store and get diapers and accessories there. They have name brand diapers there as well. You'd be surprised at the cost savings. Also I'm doing sock roses, really cute and easy. Here's the link I got that idea from.
    http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/baby-sock-rose.html
    I didn't use the wire for the stem. I bought plastic roses and cut the stalks in half and used them. And then reused the leaves as well. I have no idea how to incorporate a "naughty" theme. Maybe use a naked barbie for the topper? Or instead of the normal baby items, stuff some thongs in.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 11:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Ok, sorry for temporary hijack of thread here but 1) I totally love Starbucks and 2) why did they get rid of the Chantico choc drink? It was like heaven in a cup.

Back to your question - have everyone donate some diapers to your cake and make it in the shape of a penis.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Its been years since I made one but I did trraditional. pacifiers, baby socks, rattles, etc. If you want to go naughty you could use condoms, penis suckers, or any of the small gag gifts
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 1:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• ok make the 3 tiers of diapers. on each tier wrap it in in coordinating wide ribbon the use the curling thin ribbon and use a matching color to the wide ribbons and and get som really pretty flowers also and put the ribbon and flowers on each tiers and then put a tiara and curly ribbons and the flowers on the top tier. It won't have naughty stuff on it but it will be super cute and appropriate for work! Hope this helps. If you don't have colors picked my choice would be hot pink and black or regular pink and white and I would go with big and little dotted ribbon around the tiers. Use fake flowers too cheaper anyways that way..
    crickettty

Answer by crickettty at 7:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Thank you everyone I think I'm going to use all your ideas; condoms, penis suckers (if I can find them), naked barbie, and some thongs. lOl I wanted to do the traditional pretty cake and was all bummed out, but I'm starting to think with your guys' ideas this might be fun!
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 2:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009