How can i get self steam , how can i be confident about my self ? hoe i can take care of my self? how can i embrace my self?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2012 in Relationships

• My doctor told me when I was feeling down about myself to write a list of everything positive I have within me. Like, I have beautiful wavy hair,I am helpful to almost everyone I meet, I do random acts of kindness for strangers, but do not add anything bad. Keep adding to your list everyday. If you've been struggling to do simple things like cleaning the bathroom when you clean it write it down. It's really good to read back on all the positives you accomplish. Hope ya feel better momma and goodluck
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2012

• Self esteem and confidence come from a positive mental attitude.    You need to start by liking who you are.  If you don't, then change the things you don't like.  Once you've accomplished that, you realise that people who don't like you, don't matter.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2012

• i have several older, wiser women in my life who have spoken about the power of self talk - the things you tell yourself (is it "i can do this" or is it "that was really stupid"; "my hair looks really good today" or "i look like a fat pig"). one of the things my mom was told to do at a women's retreat that was powerful for her was to get a picture of herself as a small child and carry it with her. be aware of the things you say to yourself. take out the picture of that little child and ask yourself - is that how you would talk to that child? what would you tell that child?

for me, i learned later in life that i had been taught to (a) question my own feelings and observations as accurate and (b) please people by doing what is expected. neither of these are healthy ways of perceiving the world or foundations for acting in it.

great advice i was given: you are the only one who will put you first - if you don't, no one will.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2012

• Amazing, life changing advice ladies. Thank you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• hugsWhat helps me every day is to remember that before I love anyone else I LOVE MYSELF very much....therefore, I would treat myself with respect, care, patience, compassion....and I would avoid others to mistreat me!

Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 7:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2012