Wheezing!

my dd just got a cold wednesday, with just a cough now shes wheezing bad and coughung up phlem should i worry i dont want it to get worse should i call the doctors ? please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes call the e.r. and see if they want you to bring her in. It could turn out to be RSV it's the time of year where a lot of babies get it.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• There is a lot of RSV going around, I would get to the ER.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 4:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• what is rsv?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Wheezing is bad, go to the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Oh how old, if no fever, i wouldnt even worry.....First time mommy huh???? I know, been there...If no fever above 102...No biggie
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 6:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Wheezing needs checking. If you can get into your doctor in a timely manner, do so!

Are her nostrils flaring? Are her ribs sucking in when she breathes? Lips or nail beds turning blue? All of these things mean she's having difficulty breathing (including the wheezing) and should be checked immediately...fever or no fever!!!

Fever or not....if she's wheezing...it's a biggy! I'm a three time mommy....it IS a big deal.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Yes you need to take her to your pediatrician or to urgent care. My son started wheezing about 6 weeks ago and had bronciolitis (tested neg. for RSV and pneumonia). He had to have breathing treatments for a few weeks. He just had a cold a few weeks ago and started wheezing again. We are now giving him treatments 2x per day with some stronger medication.

It may not be RSV, but just a virus in her lungs. Either way, take her in.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009