Anything else I can do?

I've been having regular contractions 4-5 minutes apart, lasting 45 seconds each since noon yesterday. All the way up until about midnight they were pretty much tolerable. I was still able to breathe, talk, and function during them. Then they started to become unbearable. I called the hospital around 2am and since my water hasn't broken and I'm not leaking any type of fluid they've instructed me to "make myself comfortable" until mid-morning.

I've tried extra strength tylenol, showers, bathes, pillows, heating pads, laying on my left side, switching up positions - basically NOTHING can make me "comfortable".

I'm pretty much dying here, any suggestions on anything else I could possibly do before I'm forced to just tell them to suck it [ha] and go in?

BriasMommy_827

Asked by BriasMommy_827 at 4:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go in and get checked out to know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I would go ahead and go in. If they are starting to get unbearable you may be further in labor than the hospital thinks.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'd stay home as long as possible. You can take a bath, work on breathing through your contractions, read, rock...I'm trying to think of everything I did. My last labor was 24 hours with no drugs or interventions. You can do it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• 1st baby huh? trust me it better to be at home....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I danced. nothing, and I mean NOTHING made me comfy past a certain point. I couldn't sit, lay down or anything. so when they would come, I got up and walked, and danced like a little box waltz. As long as my hips swayed slowly, it relieved the pressure a bit. The harder part was sitting in the car, hospital bed and ambulance when it was time for the show to start. lol good luck honey!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i would go ahead and go in when I WAS IN LABOR I CALL THE DOCTOR SHE TOLD ME TO STAY AT HOME AND MAKE MYSELF COMFORABLE AND TWO MINS AFTER I GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HER MY WATER BROKE A ND MY LABOR WAS MOVING ALOT FASTER THEN WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD AND I WAS HURTINNG REALY BAD WENT AHEAD AND WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND I WAS THEN TO LATE TO GET ANY KIND OF MEDS (DON'T KNOW IF U WANT ANY THIG OR NOT) I WISH THAT I WOULD OF ) THEN 1 HOUR and 20 min after i got to the hospital i had a 8 lbs 6 oz little girl so yeah i would go
    kelseymoma

Answer by kelseymoma at 10:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i would go in they did that too my mom when she had me and she got so mad and just went in and they broke her water then and less then 10 minutes i was born
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2009