My 2/12 year old is very defiant...it is really just the terrible 2's?

I have a 2 1/2 and a 7 mth old...(girls). Unfortunately my father (who was my day care provider) passed away last summer and I had to put my older daughter in Day Care. My mother 1s 80 yrs old and watches my 7 month old (she can't handle both). I work ft, as my husband. That being said this is the issue: My daughter was placed in a day care that I pulled her out of after the second day (when I picked her up she was hysterical crying, had 4 bite marks on her arm and missing an earring) I found another place and brought her there with MUCH worry. This was last Sept. She was doing great! Became much more verbal, knows her numbers, abc's, etc...but for the last 3 weeks her teacher has told me she is very defiant. Doesn't want to sit around for circle time or participate in certain activities. She was also refusing to nap.

I've asked friends that are moms, teachers and Dr...but they all tell me it's normal...Any thoughs?

juliecoolie

Asked by juliecoolie at 7:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, take a deep breath and know it won't last forever. terrible 2's are hard, but it does get better,but be prepared for the trying 3's and fearsome 4's. Just thought you should know that!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2009