Help need advice!!

I work during the week from 7 to 3 in the afternoon and while im at work my grandparents watch our 12 month old boy. When I get home from work I want all of the time to just me and my baby cause they spend all day with him when im gone. I don't ask them for help ever when Im there cause they do so much for me and i am greatful for that. They are upset because I don't let them spend any time at all even just holding him or helping me out when I could use it when im am at home cause I want to have as much quality time as I can get just the two of us since i work all day. They call it a "schedule". Is this such a bad thing to do? And will this effect him later on in life? Please HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I personally don't see a schedule as a bad thing and No it won't affect him when he is older.They sound like they love you very much also. Maybe, and I may be wrong, they want to see you 2 together instead of just seeing him while you are at work. Make special weekend time with them and see if that helps. I hope this is what you are asking because I am not sure.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well, my SO says that I shouldn't put restrictions on who can or can't see our son at certain times. He says that he is gonna wonder why every time mommies around that the people who I have grown close to never spend time with me even though I see all of them still when she is around. My SO says that everyone should be able to help out in time of need or just spend time with him if they want that is what a "Family" does. He's afraid it will effect his social skills or something along that line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2009