What age do you take away the binki?

My ds just turned two and still gets his paci at night and naps but I'm wondering when we should pull the plug on that. I was hopping he would have lost interest by now but he's still just as obsessed as ever.

mssemmy

Asked by mssemmy at 8:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• soon he will lose intrest he can't have it for ever hes only just turned 2 its not a real big deal
    SkysMum26

Answer by SkysMum26 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My lo threw hers away at 6 mos. My mom had me give mine to the Easter Bunny. Make a big production out of it, put all the binkis in a basket and when he wakes up, that basket with be filled with cool big boy stuff. The first few nights are going to be hard but like anything, he'll get used to it eventually.
    MiaMJK

Answer by MiaMJK at 11:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My oldest son threw his before he turned 1 & my youngest hated all the ones we tried. In a way I guess we got lucky because some people have a hard time weaning. You might ask your pediatrician and/or dentist to see what they recommend.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 2:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My son just didnt want his anymore. I tried giving it to him one day and he just said no. I think he was around one though. So you will probably just have to take it away.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well my son was 2 when we took his away we slowly just gave it to him at Nap and bed time then for a week it was just bedtime and then for a week it was slowly taken away a couple minutes later at bedtime until finally he just went to sleep one night without it. Now he is 2 1/2. If you decide to try to take it away slowly at bedtime, if he aks for it just read him a story ot two and tell him to hold on a minute and you will get it in a few minutes.
    starlights2976

Answer by starlights2976 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2009