• In the Spotlight:

Removing my IUD....

We have finally decided to remove my IUD and try for another baby. I'm a little nervous about getting it removed. Is it going to hurt? Am I going to bleed a lot? How long does it take to remove it? I'm more scared about the pain than anything! I need help I don't want to go in and now know what to expect.

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 9:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I just had mine removed this past June so we could try for another. It was no more "painful" than getting a pap. Maybe a tiny pinch, but that was it and it was over very quickly. Very quick and simple. I did not bleed at all, they told me if anything there would be a very faint spotting.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I pulled mine out myself which I don't recommend, it didn't hurt at all and I didn't bleed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• IT DOESNT HURT AT ALL. AND BLEEDING STARTS MAYBE IN A WEEK OR TWO BUT IF NOT THEY WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO START A PERIOD FOR YOU.
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009