Absolutley shocked...

I just looked up the prices for a 1 day 4 pack of tickets for my family to Disney World....just for shits and giggles.... since we will be visiting my mom in a few weeks in Florida anyway. ABSOLUTELY....cannot believe how expensive it is just to walk thru the door....its crazy......guess we wont be goin there....check.

Asked by SLC3015 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2012 in Travel

• Disney just raised the admission prices. It's gotten crazy!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I hear ya- then you add in the costs of food, drinks, & souvenirs & you need to cash in your kid's college fund or sell a kidney to afford the trip! :p I want to take the fam to Chicago next summer & see a game at Wrigley field while we're there. Tickets for the 4 of us will be about $100/ea & Lord only knows how much a beer & pretzel will cost! I don't know how families can afford to do trips that aren't camping or stay-cations any more.  :/

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We looked for my family of seven to go and stay at Disney it was over 8 grand, Its not worth it to me. We went in California and honestly it wasn't all that, even he small rides were a hour long wait. No thanks.

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• yay! my dh is so cheap, i'll never have to go to the world's biggest amusement park!! yippee!

(idk if its the world's biggest or

Answer by dullscissors at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We've never been. Isn't there deals and packages that make it cheaper?

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I looked up just regular prices for 4 to go for one day...almost a hundred bucks a pop the total was 354.?? that is almost double my car payment....sorry, but Mickey can kiss my poor ass.

Comment by SLC3015 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We went, and had to travel from Michigan to do so...yeah, our kids ended up with the swine flu (the year that went around!). Freakin great. And no, I don't think it was worth it. It was fun to go, and I think the kids would have had more fun if they were feeling well...but Mickey can kiss my ass, too. LOL

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We are going in November and our stay from 11/2-11/8 is just over $2K (includes 6 nights, 5 days of park hopper tickets for 3, and the quick meal plan).

It is ridiculously expensive, but I believe it will so very much be worth it!!

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I wouldn't go back to Disneyland. We take the kids to Knott's Berry Farm and I like it so much better! The rides are great, the lines aren't totally insane, the prices aren't so crazy, and we just enjoy it more.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2012

• My DH likes to do cheap vacations so I know we'll never to Disney. I'm glad I went there with the Girl Scouts!

Answer by CometGirl at 9:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2012