Absolutley shocked...

I just looked up the prices for a 1 day 4 pack of tickets for my family to Disney World....just for shits and giggles.... since we will be visiting my mom in a few weeks in Florida anyway. ABSOLUTELY....cannot believe how expensive it is just to walk thru the door....its crazy......guess we wont be goin there....check.

SLC3015

Asked by SLC3015 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2012 in Travel

• Disney just raised the admission prices. It's gotten crazy!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I hear ya- then you add in the costs of food, drinks, & souvenirs & you need to cash in your kid's college fund or sell a kidney to afford the trip! :p I want to take the fam to Chicago next summer & see a game at Wrigley field while we're there. Tickets for the 4 of us will be about $100/ea & Lord only knows how much a beer & pretzel will cost! I don't know how families can afford to do trips that aren't camping or stay-cations any more.  :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We looked for my family of seven to go and stay at Disney it was over 8 grand, Its not worth it to me. We went in California and honestly it wasn't all that, even he small rides were a hour long wait. No thanks.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• yay! my dh is so cheap, i'll never have to go to the world's biggest amusement park!! yippee!

(idk if its the world's biggest or not..lol.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We've never been. Isn't there deals and packages that make it cheaper?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I looked up just regular prices for 4 to go for one day...almost a hundred bucks a pop the total was 354.?? that is almost double my car payment....sorry, but Mickey can kiss my poor ass.
    SLC3015

Comment by SLC3015 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We went, and had to travel from Michigan to do so...yeah, our kids ended up with the swine flu (the year that went around!). Freakin great. And no, I don't think it was worth it. It was fun to go, and I think the kids would have had more fun if they were feeling well...but Mickey can kiss my ass, too. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• We are going in November and our stay from 11/2-11/8 is just over $2K (includes 6 nights, 5 days of park hopper tickets for 3, and the quick meal plan).

It is ridiculously expensive, but I believe it will so very much be worth it!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• I wouldn't go back to Disneyland. We take the kids to Knott's Berry Farm and I like it so much better! The rides are great, the lines aren't totally insane, the prices aren't so crazy, and we just enjoy it more.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2012

• My DH likes to do cheap vacations so I know we'll never to Disney. I'm glad I went there with the Girl Scouts!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2012