Pain on my left side all the way to my knees 3 or 4 weeks along Ectopic pregnancy?

First pregnancy. trouble getting pregnant. My doctor said I had a cyst on my left sid where it hurts. pain in on and off for 24 hours. My app. with obgyn is Wed! Should I go to the hospital

indya

Asked by indya at 9:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an ectopic and I had pain on my side it was a bit low. Itll also spread around the abdomen area. You can have lightheadedness, and bleeding but not bleeding like menstrual blood but its a dark color blood if you have that for sure its ectopic its internal bleeding. I would go get checked out. My dr was telling me everything was just fine and I knew somethign wasnt right. I ended up in the ER at 4 in the morning having surgery. Go get checked out. Worst case scenerio its nothing and you over reacted.

Answer by gemgem at 9:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I just went to the ER for the same thing and it IS probably your cyst because that is what mine is. I was worrying myself sick but every woman gets a cyst on the side that they ovulate from....it gives the baby nutrients and hormones until the placenta is developed around 12-13weeks. The bad news is it only gets bigger til then lol if you are aware you have a cyst than that is probably what is causing the pain but as always you need to go if you think that is the right thing to do....nobody knows your body like you do! Good luck
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2009