i am startin to get worried

in the past two weeks my daughter has only pooed ones i gave her corn syrup to try to help her go and it normaly works really well but its not this time what should i do?

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how old is she? breast feed? any new changes in diet? how much water is she drinking? incease the water, not juice or milk. corn syrup is really bad , have you tried a stool softener?
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Try some fruits grapes always make my son poop but you have to give them like two or three cups for a day!!!
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 11:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• how about prune juice? i had to give some to my son when he was younger - about 7 months, and it worked. i mixed it with water, as advised by doc. that worked right away!
    shinbi

Answer by shinbi at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My daughter had a problem of holding it, so much so that it started hurting horribly and it would only be little (and I mean little) stuff that would come out. The dr. told me to give her a stool softener. If you do, give it to her FIRST thing in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't think about that and my husband and I were up for an horribly uncomfortable all nighter. Try explaning to a three year old why all this is happenning to her! The pills are tiny, and it's going to be very hard to, but I still suggest cutting it in half.
    Do not go anywhere that day, and stay near a toliet.

Good luck,
    sahmmom
    sahmmom

Answer by sahmmom at 12:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If she is old enough for fruit, have her eat/drink tons of it. My son had a horrible contipation problem when we started him on solids. I gave him plain pureed prunes everyday and after a week he went. I continued to give him a little bit of prunes everyday afterwards because I was afraid to go through that again. He loved them so it was easy.

Now, as a toddler, he eats a lot of fruit and has yet to have a problem.
    Vespa

Answer by Vespa at 2:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• my son use to have the same problem, still does sometimes. Depending on how old your daughter is, you might be able to use babylax. (Make sure you check with your doctor first) or grape juice works really well too. Also depending if she eats oatmeal or cereal, there is a bunch of high fiber stuff that also really works. If she is still eating baby foods try the garden veggies they really work great. But if its been this long since her lasr bowel movement I would definitly call her doctor right away.
    Anonymous

• It's usually one of two problems: 1.constipation, or 2. associating defecation with discomfort because of past constipation, thus "holding it in" to prevent pain. Call her pediatrician's office and ask what over-the-counter stool softeners they recommend for her age, etc. If she does not "go" soon, I'd take her to the doc. There could be other problems, or the doc can set up a treatment plan for her to prevent this from happening frequently. If she does not go she could have an obstruction, and the fecal matter will start to seep around it. If this happens for a long period of time, it can effect her "feelings" of knowing when she has to go.
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 3:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Apple juice. It's always worked for my babies. The corn syrup really shouldn't be used often. If this or the other suggestions don't work. Take her to the pediatrition. It will ease both of you.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 10:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009