Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my previous employer. why doesnt she ever get things done on time.

i found out yesterday that she hasnt even started our W-2. This was around 6 pm when i found out. all her ex employees live in the same little town. is this a problem for her and us. is there anythin i can do. i need to file asap.thats what i need to file and i am waitin on my w-9 but it should be here today or monday.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • I understand how frustrating that can be, but technically she has until Jan. 31. And because Jan. 31 falls on a Saturday this year, she has until Monday, Feb. 2. My only suggestion to you that might help is if you worked for her last year as well. Then you would already have a W-2 from her with her EIN (employer identification number). If you have the EIN and your last pay stub with your final year to date wages from her, and you're absolutely sure that info is correct, you can file without the W-2. Other than that, you're at her mercy until Feb. 2. I hope I was able to help.

    Answer by 22hockeymom22 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • i only worked for her in 08. and i still dont have my w-9 it wont be here til i guess monday, but we were supposed to pay our house tax by today and like three other bills by today two which are gas and electricity or they may get turned off by monday i am guessing and the other can wait til monday. i cant borrow the money to pay our house taxes or the other bills cuz they dont have the money either. i am just in a bind cuz usually b4 these two jobs i havent had trouble getting them b4 the 31st. will we get in trouble if we cant pay our house tax by today. is it ok to wait and pay it monday. and thank you for your help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • well take it as a lesson learned. You can depend on things that aren't offically due until the 31rst anyways. When you get your return, pay off your bills and put the rest away for next year, and keep adding to it. Preparation for things like this are key.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • take you last paystub to HR Block or Jackson Hewitt..............

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • i called and they said they cant do that. i am filing with my so we are married through common law and have filed together for the last two yrs. so we are filing married and jointly.i called jackson hewitt because thats where i get them done at and thats what they told me, which was to get my w-2 first cuz their is nothin they can do until it gets here.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • and we are are going to save. i know what lessons are to be learned but thanks for ur input. besides we havent been put in a situation like this b4 and havent had to pay house taxes b4 cuz this our first house. so again thanks

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
US Bank??

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
i am startin to get worried