is this a good idea or not??

my 5 month old has been in two pagents the first one that she was in she got 2nd place and prettiest eyes and best altire the and she was 2 months old then the last one that she was just in she won and got photogenic prettiest smile and best personality and her fee payed to go to state should i keep putting her in these pagents tell she can tell me that she does not want to do so or should i stop till she she can tell me that see wants to do these pagents she is 5 months old now???

kelseymoma

Asked by kelseymoma at 10:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would continue doing them, she is beautiful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• As long as you aren't going crazy, putting makeup on her like she's a little whore, etc.. then do it. If she decides she doesn't want to anymore then stop. There is no harm in pageants unless the parents become crazy about it and start to force their children and make it more about competition then having fun.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My DH would say stop around 1 before it becomes a habit for her because it causes her to fall into that must look like a model attitude which is unhealthy.

However I disagree and think if you are a good parent you can teach your child a healthy life style, and should stop when they tell you to, or show indications of wanting to stop. Some children may be afraid.

My 10 month old will be going to state in May after he turns 1 because he qualified and if he goes he get 500 in a savings bond, but it will be his last.

Also I wouldn't spend any money if I were you. Get sponsors.

ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 10:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think this is a matter of opinion on the pagent world. I personally feel that it is disgusting and immoral. Some people think it's all good fun and some think it's an ideal life style. It's up to you. If you were to ask me directly I'd say take her out and never do it again. I didn't even know they had pageants for babies...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. I think they're horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I never new they had pageants for babies under 1. I don't think they should be in them until they decide for themselves that they want to do it... like a teenager. I can see maybe putting your baby in some commercials or ads for magazines but not pageants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• do them like one lady said its 500 dollar in savings bonds and they wont rember them bc they are so young and then that helps you save for collage ya know just dont get all crazy i was in pagents till i was 6 then i wanted to play football so thats what i did im fine yea i like to look good but who dont
    shanejrsmommy

Answer by shanejrsmommy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think as long as you are not going overboard putting make up on her, fake eyelashes, and all that jazz than you should continue. When she shows signs of disinterest or is old enough to tell you she does not want to do them anymore than do not push her. Be classy about it!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

•  Make all the money you can now for her college or until she's 18 or 21. I think it would be wonderful for her to have a nest egg  when she's an adult. Believe me she WILL let you know when she wants to quit. Good Luck

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well, truthfully these pagents are for you and not for her.So what do you want to prove to the world? You have a beautiful daughter, YAY, good for you. But, why? why do you feel this need to do this with her?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2009