I want to cry, how can I get rid of this 4 month battle with Bacterial Vaginosis?

I've been prescribed Flagyl (Metronidazole) at the highest dose, and it has not helped me. I've even been so desperate as to douche with Hydrogen Peroxide, which btw worked for the 3 days, and then it came back! ARGH! What can I do? I have not been having sex btw, because I want to get rid of this first! Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• YOUR MD CAN CULTURE DISCHARGE & GET SENSITIVITIES FOR THE ANTIBIOTICS THAT WILL WORK. FLAGYL IS USUALLY WHAT CLEARS IT UP. IT IS DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH . HAS YOUR SO/DH BEEN TREATED ALSO ? MAYBE THAT IS PROBLEM. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING. HAVE U BN BACK TO THE MD? HE/SHE SHOULD B TOLD U R STILL HAVING SYMPTOMS SOMETIMES IT HELPS TO REMOVE THE SUGAR FROM YOUR DIET AND EAT AS HEALTHY.AS POSSIBLE. LOOK IT UP ON THE NET --THE DIET FOR VAGINOSIS. IT MAY HELP THE SYMPTOMS B LESS INTENSE. GOOD LUCK. ONE OTHER THOUGHT DID U COMPLETE YOUR ENTIRE PRESCRIPTION FOR THE FLAGYL.? REGARDLESS OF WHETHER U THINK IT IS WORKING OR NOT U NEED TO FINISH THE ENTIRE DOSAGE PRESCRIBED. IF U DONT THE BACTERIA CAN COMES BACK EVEN STRONGER WITH A VENGENCE. THE CULTURES WILL CONFIRM WHAT U R DEALING WITH .ASK MD IF THEY HV BN DONE. IF NOT C IF THE DOC WILL DO SOME. THAT IS MY BEST IDEA.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem after my son was born. It must've came and gone like 6 times, I was soo frustrated. Eventually it ran its course though. I tried everything and nothing worked.
    mbee

Answer by mbee at 12:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009