panic attacks

do you have them? what are your symptoms if so?

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• I have had them. Racing heartbeat, spinning head, feeling like you are trapped.. not being able to breath. Hot and cold at the same time... confusion... Okay, now I feel like I need a Xanax! The best thing to do is to learn how to calm yourself down without pills. I took pills, but got off them, after eleven years. It's not easy to deal with them, but trust me.. there are alternatives. If nothing else, try hynotherapy.. I have got to recommend an all natural method.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I had them when I was a teenager. I had all the symptoms pupmom listed plus the feeling that I was going to die or lose my mind or both. It was so scarey! But I read as much about it as I could so that I understood what was going on. I started writing in a journal every day and prayed a lot. After a while they lessened and I rarely have them any more. That is what works for me.
    Read up on panic/anxiety disorders. It will help.
    Good luck, it's scarey, but it will get better when you find what works for you.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• did youre body feel wierd like your here but not?
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Yes, you feel numb...I remember I used to pinch myself because I had that sensation.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009