Ok to be annoyed? adult content

Ok so my fiance brought the movie The Change up and wow I thought nice it sounds good specially because I love the two main actors that are in the movie so I said why not. BUT after 20 or 30 minutes I started to feel a little bit uncomfortable because for me were weird scenes and partial nudity. I felt weird so I stand up and go to the bathroom..and then I go back and I said to him I really dont want to see that movie. He got so annoyed and couldnt understand why. In my case I didnt like the movie. Did you see that movie? it was ok with you or you didnt like it? I said to him if I dont want to see a movie you should respect that and is like he doesnt get it. Do you think he should get so angry because of that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2012 in Relationships

• guys are weird. DH gets moody about little things like that too. the key is to just let him be a baby...he will get over it and move on. and the next time he suggests a movie look into it a little more to see if it interests you.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2012

• confusedwhy will he get annoyed ??

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• Honey, I'm sorry you have lost babies. I lost 6 before my miracle DD was born. Hugs to you.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• Unfortunately I havent being able to have babies. It has been a very long and difficult process for me specially if you really want to have babies. Ive lost my babies and I dont wish anybody to go through that. This has nothing to do about being a mom or not.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• I get what you are saying. SO watched some movie the other night. I started it and within the first 5 minutes got up and left. Blood, guts and I counted about 30 F bombs in that small time span. He threw a fit that I continue to watch it with him. He does this very often. I tune him out, put my head phones on and get on CafeMom. LOL.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• Hi! Well no I didnt tell him turn the tv off what I say is that you can keep watching the movie but in my case I dont like it. I think that would be very very bad to do to tell him to turn it off. I just said to him I really dont want to keep watching the movie I dont like it but just finish it and he said no I want to watch it with you, he got annoyed, turn the tv off and go to sleep.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• You knew nothing about the movie before you agreed to watch it? I don't see movies, EVER.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• I didn't see that movie but sometimes when I watch movies with nudity I feel weird, like if the scene lasts a long time I feel like I just landed in someone else's bedroom and shouldn't be there! I don't mind flashes of nudity but when they draw it out I can't stand it and can't wait for it to stop! You have every right to feel comfortable in your own home! You did nothing wrong! If you want to leave the room because you are uncomfortable you have every right! You didn't try pushing your way onto him and he shouldn't think he can push his way onto you, let him watch whatever he wants it doesn't mean you have to do the same.
    Anonymous

• I had not problem with that movie, as in the nudity. It wasn't a really good movie really.

Answer by louise2 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2012

• I thought the movie was funny. It seems like your taste in movies is very different than his. Do you guys in general like the same things or do you tend to be more conservative?

I can see you reading a book or doing something else but i wouldn't expect him to turn off the movie just because you didn't like it. It would be nice if he did since it wasn't just a prefernce but you were clearly uncomfortale. I would be a bit annoyed if I watched half a movie and my husband had me turn it off because I didn't like it. So I can see him being annoyed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2012