Does anyone have any advice on thrush?

NY daughter is about 9 months old and she has had thrush for over a week and the medicine the doctor gave me is not working and he said to keep using it until the bottle is gone then call him but it seems to be getting worse. She normally sleeps 12 hours a night but she has only gotten about 4 hours the past 2 nights and she wont take naps, her thrush is bothering her so bad does anyone know any home treatments or advice

BaByAnDmEO8

Asked by BaByAnDmEO8 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• apple cider vinegar! For some reason this works. If she can eat something with apple cider vinegar give that to her. They probably gave her Nystatin right, and you have to swab her mouth with it too, right and make sure she swallows the meds. Well my gram told me to feed my daughter something with Apple Cider Vinegar, like salad dressing that you make your self. Apple Cider Vinegar, salt pepper , garlic powder not a lot, and a little bit of Splenda not sugar, because the sugar will feed the yeast. let me know if this works, it did for me. Oh and don't make the Apple Cider Vinegar too strong. Good luck hun.
    elbamom

Answer by elbamom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Hey thanx so much! How much of this do i give her, is it ok to give her vinegar?
    BaByAnDmEO8

Answer by BaByAnDmEO8 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Yougurt! With the live cultures. It is what I use for yeast infections (same thing)
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2009