RELIGULOUS?

What do you think about this movie and have you watched it or not? Do you want to watch? Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, my own little way, I don't go to church, but I also believe that this guy, is right in a way, why do people not believe in Santa Claus, and they believe in God, probably because Santa Claus never proved himself and his existence, did God? I write this Q anon, cause I know I'll get really really bashed by many moms here, but I strongly believe this guy is right! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes God has.
    Anonymous

• I watched the movie and loved it and I honestly think he raised some very good points with it and I agree with him as well!
    Anonymous

• All you have to do is look around,and at yourself in the mirror,and your children to know God has most certainly proven Himself! Santa did in fact start out as a real man, but has evolved into what we now know today. God has never changed,and never will. He is the same, yesterday,today and tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• I have seen it and he said exactly what I think about religions. People pretty much believe what THEY WANT TO BELIEVE, which doesn't make it real for someone else, like me. God or gods have proven nothing, people just like to slap a label on things that they dont understand or feel like there is someone caring about them when things go bad, which is understandable, but again doesn't make it real.
    Instead of studying their holy books of any kind it would me much more useful to study how actually the world works, or the universe for that matter and know what actually is happening around us and why, like let's say gravity. There is a saying by an ancient philosopher who said " the more I know, the less I know" meaning (to me at least) that the more we educate ourselves the more we realize how little we know (although have gone a looong way since biblical times) and how much still there is to be known. O love science.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I meant to post it under my real id, so here you go, the above anonymous 1:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 is me Bea Moore and approve this message.
    I can understand those that post anonymously though, there is a lot of bashing going on here and outside CM because people just got used to non critical thinking about their holy books instead of actually absorbing some basic knowledge of biology, physics etc at elementary school and further.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no i haven't seen it or even heard of it. but I find it amusing when people say santa claus is not real.. not the idea we tell our children now isn't real.. but st. nicholas was.. sorry I always found it funny when people say that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I completely agree, I understand that believing in God is good in some way, makes "some" people better! But again, I was reading some comments about something (can't remember what exactly) and those who were constantly talking about God and how much the believe in god, they were the most hateful, using things like "i hope you rot in hell" and stuff like that. Isn't god supposed to make you a GOOD person, who doesn't judge others?
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 1:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• This is a general idea, but too much of a good thing isn't healthy either.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I very much want to see it. Is it out on video yet?

Quote from anon "All you have to do is look around,and at yourself in the mirror,and your children to know God has most certainly proven Himself! " --- I hear this kind of thing a lot & it makes no sense to me. How does my existence, the existence of the Earth, etc. in any way indicate the existence of anything other than the things I am looking at? Am I missing the "made by Yaweh" stamp? If beauty in the world "proves" the existence of God, doesn't cruelty "prove" the nonexistence of God? The argument makes NO logical sense.

Anonymous

• i havent seen it cause i only go to the theatre if i KNOW im gonna like a movie. but i think it looks interesting. im a Christian but its always good to see how others think/believe. i saw a clip were he talks about what scientologists beleive to a group of ppl & everyone's laughing. then he went on to say "how is that any different than what you believe?" on the Daily Show. its always good to watch stuff that makes you think...even if you dont agree.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009