Iran says Obama's offer to talk shows US failure

I guess Obama REALLY did believe all of the rhetoric he spewed to the masses! To think he actually believed he could solve the world's problems by sitting down and having a chat with terrorists! Talk about "Audacity of Hope!"

***

"US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday."

"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

***
I can only imagine what the next TWO WEEKS in office are going to bring. ::sigh::

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.073ba2ee2f1f00668848a4655420fedc.411&show_article=1

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 12:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1376065/Report_Obama_fails_in_first_week

From my journal
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Theres a web site that gives "grades" to presidents, I cant remember the site off the top of my head. Anyway Obama got a D & F all the way down the president report card for his first couple weeks in office. I dont see it getting any better. The economy is in the tank and that wont change, terrorists still hate us and sitting down and talking with them makes as much sense and sitting down and explaining to my puppy why he cant chew on my shoes. Obama is having on the job training which is sad and pathetic for our country. Were a joke.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't find the report card that the first Anon mentioned, but I DID find this one!  Pretty interesting stuff!  The way things have started out with Obama's administration, I have a feeling Carter and Nixon are going to end up being more highly revered than Obama....which I didn't think would have been possible!

Unfortunately, Obama thinks that by "plagiarizing" another famed president's character and vision will automatically make him great too!

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/the-presidents-ranked-and-graded-a-qa-with-the-author-of-the-leaders-we-deserved/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• tnmomofive--

THANK YOU!!!! GREAT article! Voted Popular, and bookmarked it for future reference!!! :o)

you rock

P.S.  I wonder if because of grades like these, we haven't been privvy to Obama's Occidental College transcript?!  LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i dont care what Iran thinks of Obama trying to talk things out. THEY are the ones who look like losers here, not the US. just b/c they cant fathom talking instead of hating or killing, doesn't mean we have to follow suit. i think it shows how intelligent we are that instead of responding in anger we can (at first) try to talk things out.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• "i dont care what Iran thinks of Obama trying to talk things out. THEY are the ones who look like losers here, not the US. just b/c they cant fathom talking instead of hating or killing, doesn't mean we have to follow suit. i think it shows how intelligent we are that instead of responding in anger we can (at first) try to talk things out."

How exactly do you "talk things out" with someone who not only will not come to the table, but would likely only show up to attempt to kill you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• okmanders and when that type is in our streets chanting to behead us ...like they have been doing in other big appeasement countries.......will you wake up then?

Oh yes it will be too late then
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't care if we look like losers. I care about BEING a LOSER. We're not playing Monopoly here people. We have now shown these people, these TERRORISTS weakness.

When they say change, they mean to their way of life. Doesn't that scare you? It TERRIFIES me.

We need to show them that we still have a backbone. (all terrorist communications as well as their little manifesto deal thing say that negotiations are useless and something they won't have a part of. They will only accept every man, woman and child on this earth bowing to their religeon!)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• So what is your solution Lori Keet ????? Start a war with Iran ? It would be a biggest mistake what U.S can make.
    Anonymous

• anon nobody is saying start war with Iran.I think what is being pinted out here is how Obama approached was ass kissing he did not even point out A THING postive of America.

More like here is our asses lay it on us
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009