My doctor says i'm due March 1st but my measurements are too small. and he says my due date is accurate & he doesn't think it needs changed. he's scheduled me an ultrasound to make sure everything's ok. should i be worried? has this been a problem for anyone else?

ashley8692

Asked by ashley8692 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dd is due march 12. She just had another ultrasound because shes measuring big. At the u/s the tech said shes actuallly measuring small. I asked 100 questions and she said there was nothing to worry about as long as they are within the right time for delivery. In other words my dd was measuring around 32 weeks, she was really 33 weeks, so it was ok. Im sure itll be ok.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't worry too much about it they can be off by two weeks either way and remember babies double your last month of pregnancy i was told my hole first pregnancy i would be lucky if she was 5lbs and at birth she was 7lbs 15oz so they can be wrong
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i measured small my whole pregnancy and i had a healthy, 6 lb 4 oz baby. your baby is probably just on the smaller side....which is something to rejoice because labor will be that much easier! of course, that depends on how small you're measuring, too. most often, nothing's wrong...it's just a little baby.
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 12:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I am 37 weeks and my baby's head measures past 40 weeks and her legs measure 34 weeks by ultrasound. Your baby may just be small.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• ekk! your having mr. potato head!!! lol

I would not worry to much. U/S can be off, esp much later in pregnancy. I would only worry if they try to induce you or something else, then I'd ask for another u/s. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Go get another opinion from another doctor and see
    Anonymous