Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone please help me?

i have no insurance and im thinking about going to the er... im 3 weeks 2 days late on my period... i only had spotting with a brown discharge this month but all the pregnancy test say negative but my breast are tender bigger and itchy, nausea when i get up or after i eat and i feel bloated and slight cramping... iwas wondering if the hospital could help me figure out why im not getting my period.. my period is always every 28 days....what do you think...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • go to your local county health department. it's free to low income people and they deal with that sort of stuff.

    Answer by MommyToJessica at 12:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • thank you so much for the advice

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • If you do go the ER make sure you file for medicaid as soon as you check in...the will post date the claims if you are pregant and approved for the insurance so you won't have to worry about the bill.
    If not call your local dept of social services and find out where the free clinic is. In most states you needa positive pregnancy test from a doctor before they will look at your application for Medicaid. Best of luck!

    Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • i took 9 pregnancy tests within 2 weeks after i missed my period and 8 out of the 9 said negative so they r never 100% accurate when the 9th said positive i went to the doc and sure enough i was preggo- so yeah go to the er or a nearby planned parenthood and find out cause ur gonna wanna start prenatals asap and theres bloodwork that has to get done asap as well but from sounds of ur symptoms it could go either way those symptoms are true for both pregnancy and pms

    Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • I would also look into planned parent hood they do prenatal care in alot of places and you dont have to pay much if anything at all

    Answer by rachel_07 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • I went to planned parent hood for a general exam once because my OB wouldn't see me for months. It was well over $100. Not very cheap if you ask me. And that was with doing no blood work or testing!

    I would go to the ER, they should be able to help you. I would also apply for medicade like a PP said, it will go back and cover all bills if you are pregnant. The ER can do a blood test to check and also exams to see what might be up.

    Answer by lasombrs at 3:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • the er will give you a blood test to determine if our preg. then take your proof and go to your medicaid office so that you can get insurance.It sounds like your preggo to me!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • personally i would skip the er because it is going to be the most expensisve of all options. Try the health dept. they might want you to wait until you are a certian number of days late but that might be worth it to avoid a huge er bill. Also look for a crisis pregnancy center, they will be able to point you in the direction of a free or affordable blood test. Good luck!

    Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.