I had my ultrasound at 18 weeks and she said it was a girl. I have been driving my self crazy wondering was she wrong. I have been waiting for this for 12 years. Medicaid only pays for one ultrasound in S.C. I am going crazy with the thought of having my baby and it's a boy. I have 5 already and they are the light of my life. I hear story of people that have been told they ar e having a girl and they have boys. I need help in easing my mine, I am 32 weeks.

babygirl419

Asked by babygirl419 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have 5 kids, 3 boys and 2 girls. They were never wrong. Look at the ultrasound where it says its a girl. You should be able to make out the part.

Answer by gemgem at 12:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• if it's a boy, there'll be a snail-like thing between his legs, meaning he has a penis. if it's a girl, there will be two small bones where a boy's member would be. that's where the pelvis separates to allow for birth later in her life. they're rarely wrong nowadays.
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 12:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have heard many many more cases where mistaken id of aboy is the case. Very rarely have I heard of anyone that has been told they were having a girl and it turned out to be a boy. There are so many things that could present as male genitalia on an US (cprd, hands, shadow) and very few things that would obliterate a 'dangle'.
    Relax! be thrilled over your new little girl and go buy someting super pink. it'll make you feel better ;)
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• She most likely right. Here is another way just to make sure. What color are your nipples? Dark-- its a boy, Pinkish its a girl. I used that before I had my ultra sounds to determine the sex of my kids and I was right, my OB told me that.
    Anonymous

• They were always right for me. To the trained eye there is a VERY obvious difference between boys and girls. So, if the tech says girl then it is most likely a girl. Even I could tell my kids' sex by the ultrasound.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• can you afford a 3d ultrasound?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Thanks you for the advise I will look into the 3d ultrasound. I will keep you posted and pray for me.
    babygirl419

Answer by babygirl419 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• if ur insurance wont pay for a 2nd optional ultrasound go to the er and say ur not feeling right they have to give u an emergency ultra sound then to make sure everything is alright
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• don't worry about the sex of the bay as long its health is what matters most and if it is a girl its going to most likely be a tom boy anyways having that many brothers lol
    Anonymous

• Yeah o would say a 3d sonogram i got one annd the detail is amazing
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2009