No more play pen?

My daughter is just shy of the height and weight to stop using her play pen. I haven't used it much in the past few days but its been kinda difficult. Usually I'll set her in it when I shower or cook dinner and things like that but what do you mommies do to keep the little one occupied?

Tams_jade

Asked by Tams_jade at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when you are cooking give her some pans and spoons to play with. it will get noisy but she will have a blast
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have my son "help" me. Sometimes it seems more like make a mess rather then help. But, he is helping by keeping out of the way or not getting into stuff. I have him unload the dryer into a basket. He then loads it all back into the dryer and so forth until I have most of the clothes folded. I give him tupperware in the kitchen. He likes to throw the dirty clothes in the hamper put his toys in a bag. We sing songs while we do each task. For example, we sing "Clean up, clean up, everbody everywhere. Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share." They sing the song in his library group so he knows what it means.
    Vespa

Answer by Vespa at 2:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My youngest is 8 months and i never used the playpen! lol it was kept in the closet! I just toys on the floor and she keeps occupied untill it is time for supper
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009