back pain!

Im 31 weeks pregnant and am having back pain that is horrible. I slept for like two hours in the recliner last night and it is so bad! Any advice on what I can do to make it any better?

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• back pain i would call your doctor asap it could be signs of labor or if not a kidney infection both are not good
    Anonymous

• You might just try some simple stretches, my doctor gave me a printout of safe stretches throughout pregnancy, one is on all fours arch your back slowly and then pull your head down, then reverse. Also walking works great to alleviate the pain, just short little spurts of walking helped me a LOT.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 1:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Bend over on a chair and see if it goes away, if it does it is just regular back pains and you can't do anything about that, it may not immediately go away but, it should within a minute or two. If it doesn't go away then it could be a kidney infection like a PP said.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• you could try a heating pad and a warm bath that helps me sometimes and maybe have someone give you a massage
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009