Obama DEMANDS A 10% Cut At The Pentagon?

Suffice it to say, I am getting tired of giving Obama "a chance!"

***
"The Obama administration has asked the military’s Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon’s budget request for the fiscal year 2010 by more than 10 percent — about $55 billion — a senior U.S. defense official tells FOX News."

"Last year’s defense budget was $512 billion. Service chiefs and planners will be spending the weekend “burning the midnight oil” looking at ways to cut the budget — looking especially at weapons programs, the defense official said."

***

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/31/a-10-cut-at-the-pentagon/

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 1:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess we are finally finding out what change means.. Less for defense more for abortion..
    That's not a change I can believe in..
    amygray

Answer by amygray at 3:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Can't you find anything else to do today? Don't get so upset, you have another four years to go! Don't give yourself a heart attack already. Chill.....
    Anonymous

• Obama is a moron
    Anonymous

• so are you complaing about all the waste that goes on . I have a cousin in the Army he says you won't believe what they spend mony on.There are weapons that are not accouted for, you have laptop with sensative material being sold on there streets........
    Anonymous

• He wants to cut the budget, and then send everyone to Afghanistan. Well that makes SO much sense.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Honey,
    I'm just the messenger. I didn't vote for him...so MY conscience is clear, and my health is perfectly fine...thanks for your concern though!!! LOL

And since you like to hide behind a big ol question mark, feel free to provide an actual argument if what I am saying is soooo wrong, instead of tellign me to "chill"!!! M'kay?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• wonderful! 10% cut in the military's resources, and 11% of the GITMO detainees have returned to Al Queda.

he is standing up to his word...CHANGE. my question is, in favor of what??
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I’m not going to argue that the defense budget doesn’t have fat.  I’ve seen defense contracting from the inside, and it stinks.

There is fat that can be trimmed. I do not agree with all of the proposed spending that the stimulus act contains but there is still FAT THAT CAN BE TRIMMED, according to the very source that you supplied. Budget cuts have to start somewhere and while I wouldn't start with the Pentagon, it is Obama's plan. I do not agree with the additional spending going into the welfare system via welfare payments and food stamps nor do I agree with the additional money for "converter boxes" and "new governemnt cars" but I do agree with the money going into our educational system and into Medicaid, child care, etc. We want him to cut back spending b/c of our economy and that is what he is doing.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• thunderlight..................have 11% of GITMO detainees returned under his Administration................
    Anonymous

• does it matter anon? they are returning to terrorism, Obama is STILL closing GITMO, and cutting military spending - even knowing they are threatening us with more vengeance after being in GITMO. doesn't make sense to me. Our safety should be #1. what is the point in a bailout if we are bombed?!!??
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009