What would you do if another mother was in your kids face whispering something?!

Then after it was done your child turned and walked away sad and ready to cry! Mind you he is only 2! Needless to so I was supper pissed off, and she was lucky she left right after that cause I would have caused a scene.
But seriously what would have done?!

(If you would like to know the whole story then read my blog, but its a long story)

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 1:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I woud have asked my child what that person said to him. Then I would have went after that person. Found out were they lived, if possible.

Answer by louise2 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My son still doesn't talk well. A few words at best. That the most frustrating part. I can't even ask what she said!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• louise2 you took it right out of my mouth i would of been all over her
    Anonymous

• I need to read your blog. If I saw a mother whispering in my child' face, I would go up to her and ask whats going on? If a adult has a problem with my 2 year old child I would preferthem talking to me about it. Did you son know this mom very well??? I would ask my child what happened and if I did not like what I heard that mom would be hearing from me.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I would have immediately confronted her and asked her what was going on. There is nothing she should be whispering to your son that she shouldn't say to his mother.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have let ehr walk away. She apparently said something disturbing or he wouldn't have started crying. I would have walked over, picked him up and followed where ever she thought she might be going, until she decided to stop and tell me what was so important that she just HAD to say it to MY child. I would try to figure out who she was. Ask other people if they know her. You never know what she could have said and if it is going to create some kind of permanent fear in him. As you said he can't tell you. All you know is that it frightened him. Good luck figuring it out. Hell, I'm angry FOR you!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 1:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I will say that I have issues asserting myself! I don't like it and I tend to get walked on. I do not like it and I feel like bad for letting her walk off like that. I should have said something and my husband was upset that I didn't... CrazyBeautiful is right. I am angry at myself for not standing up...
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I would have said "Excuse me, can I help you?" And let her know that next time to address me and keep her face and germs away from child!!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Your child cannot stand up for himself to adults. That's why he has a mother. You are your child's advocate, and he needs you to look out for his or her best interest. This is the job of a mother. IF you are not assertive, you can befriend the woman to find out the information. Simply walk up to the person and state any of these phrases: "hi, is my son doing something to bother you" smiling, say "what did my little boy do this time?" "Is my son O.K., why is he crying" "Uh, Oh, did my son do something" smiling say, "Uh, oh, what happened over here?" After finding out your info, tell the person nicely, "please come and get me if you have any problems with him. Most parents would like you to speak to them instead of directly to their child."
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 4:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009