Should I still be burping her after she finishes her solids like I burp her during and after bottles???

My daughter had colic until she was about 4 months old. She still gets really bad gas sometimes but not half as bad as those first 4 months. Now that she's starting on solids, should I still be burping her after she finishes like I burp her during and after bottles??? And, is it normal for cereal to cause gas?? Fruits and veggies haven't so far but we gave her cereal a month ago and it gave her gas. We stopped it and tried again but it still gives her gas though not as bad.

aeryka310

Asked by aeryka310 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no
    Anonymous

• I always heard not to start solids until the baby can burp on there own. I had to start my son on solids early tho, I just sat him up on my lap until he would burp!
    Anonymous

• I never heard of burping a baby after a meal of solids. But it might be a good idea to see if the baby will burp the first several times solids are eaten, and if not then you'll know that you don't need to.

Answer by Bmat at 2:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Usually when a baby starts solids they can burp on their own.
    Anonymous

• YOU KNOW IT NEVER HURTS TO HELP HIM OUT A LITTLE MY DS DIDNT DO SO WELL ON RICE CEAREAL SO WE PUT HIM ON OATMEAL HES FINE NOW
    rjsjjs1

Answer by rjsjjs1 at 4:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2009