When you were in labor, did you post updates to FB?

My dd's cousin is posting hourly updates while in labor. Her last post: "Dialated to a 9. Getting ready to start pushing.".

The last thing in the world I was thinking of while in labor was FB. LOL What about you?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2012 in Technology

• Haha yeah, I believe I was on cm to. My labor was pretty easy
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• No way! That is the weirdest thing. I don't think I had FB when I was in labor with DS though. I was way more concerned with getting him out than I was with letting everyone know how it was going.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• That's really funny.
    And no. Then again there was no FB when I was in labor - all 3 times.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• No- considering there weren't even computers in homes much then let alone FB!

If it were today and I were having a kid...NO- I'd post that I'd gone to the hospital maybe and after it was all over- but to give updates on how it's going...no. TOO much info
    I also would never allow anyone to record any part of it either- I mean seriously, WHO would ever want to watch such a thing...ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• nope - but then again, i did not know about facebook until after my youngest had been born.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Facebook didn't exist, and cell phones weren't allowed in hospital rooms.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• No- I was too busy visiting with my family (had all the kids there) and preparing them for new arrival.
    The 13 yo made the first post about and hour after baby was born.

Like the other PPs with the first 3 kids there was no FB and phone restrictions
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• No. lol but I had a text list in my phone dh kept updating for me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2012

• I don't think there even was Facebook yet when I had my kids, but I know I didn't have Facebook. And I didn't update anyone. I called my mom when I realized I was in labor (her and my dad lived an hour and a half away, so they needed time to get to us), told my then-husband when he got home, and bitched at the woman at the hospital, but that was it with my oldest. lol With my youngest, he ended up a scheduled c-section because he was breech, and I told everyone who needed/wanted to know when it was scheduled for, and my parents let them all know after it was over that he was fine and healthy and I was in agony but fine. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• No Fakebook when I was pregnant with our 3 boys..... Even if there was I wouldn't have been able to, I had all 3 natural.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2012