Just found out that I'm pregnant after I decided not to have anymore children. What should I do?

I really don't want another baby but I don't want to get an abortion either. I just got into a university to finish my education. If I have another baby there's no way I'll be able to do it. I am devastated and I feel like a horrible person for not wanting this baby. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Adoption is always an option if you really don't think you can handle another kid.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Adoption can be a solution
    are you married?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Yes. I'm married, and I found out I was pregnant after I decided we weren't going to have anymore. I went to my doctor to get an IUD and they gave me a pregnancy test just to be sure I wasn't pregnant and sure enough it come out positive. He gave me my options, I told him I have to really think about it. I'm so torn. I'm not the kind of person to give up a baby whether it's abortion or adoption, but I don't know if I can keep it. I feel awful about this!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• What does your husband say?
    I have to throw this out there, if you have already decided you do not want this baby keeping it may be the worst thing you can do but while you are weighing options think about this.....not the exact same but I didnt want to parent again either.

I know most dont want to hear this...but everything happens for a reason.
    The last thing I wanted 4 years ago was to be a grandma and deal with a teen pregnancy when I had just been diagnosed with an incureable cancer.I was in online college etc. I had no time and no desire to be a grandmother.
    Then this little angel came into the world and the choice to not do chemo changed to fighting as aggressively as I could. Now i am raising this child. And I could not be happier or love her more! The reson she was born was to make me want to live!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• You have some time to think about it. Take some time to consider your options. I don't think you should keep a baby that you really don't want, that will only lead to resentment and bad things. But abortion doesn't have to be the only other choice. Putting the baby up for adoption would be a wonderful gift to both the baby and the parents who adopt it.

And, though you decided you weren't going to have more kids, and don't think it's a feasible situation right now, given some thought, you might realize it's more doable than you think.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• I was in a similar situation. Oldest was 3 and we decided not to have anymore, mainly because of my health.
    Went to the Dr to see about having my tubes tied and found out I was pregnant! WHOA!

I felt there was a reason for having another baby so I chose to go through with the pregnancy and he has been an amazing gift! He's now 21 and I've enjoyed EVERY moment with him!

Think real hard about your decision because it's one you'll have to live with the rest of your life! Make sure you do what's right for you!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Find out what child care options the school offers. My niece has her baby at a school's day care center and everything is working out beautifuuly. Look at all your options for keping the baby too, not just your options for not having the baby. hug
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• My 2 1/2 yr old (2nd child) was a surprise. My marriage was failing, I knew in my heart that we'd never make it but, there was no way I wasn't going to keep my little "boo boo". I ended up filing for divorce when she was only 3 months old but, I'm so glad that she's in my life. She's so silly and lively and, sweet. She's "my sunshine" when I've had a bad day.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• im so sorry & understand. I just found that out 2 & b/c of our ages, medications im on & everything we felt no choice but to end the pregnancy. for our family's sake & baby's sake (there would be multiple disabilities) its the right choice 4 us. u have to decide whats right 4 u & ur family. good luck
    Anonymous

• I'm 44 & I also had a big surprise. She was born the day before my 44th Birthday. She is the second best thing to happen to me besides my Son being born. Life is too short & God has a better plan for us than the plans we think we are making. She was a real blessing. So take some time to get over the shock & then Thank God for your blessing. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2012